Thursday, March 24, 2011

When life hands you lemons..

     Last night around supper time I felt a sudden urge to go run, it was like a bad itch! I needed to get out there and train. I needed to just run and let my thoughts melt into the pavement as I felt the wind pass through my hair. As I ran I thought of all the difficulties that I had overcome and all the challenges that laid ahead of me. I had 20 km's of time to digest it all. After running some of the hardest terrain I came across an area where the air suddenly felt fresh, the air smelled wonderful. Everything seemed so beautiful, I looked to my left and the sun was setting in the sky and all I could do was just stop and watch for a few moments. I closed my eyes and took everything in, every little bit of freedom that I was gaining and every little bit of joy that I was learning to live! There was a new found sense of life in that pause, that moment of appreciation and reflection. I was alive!!
     Maybe I was being a little dramatic but I was running and my dreams of a big run to bring awareness and hope were becoming reality! I wonder how many people are living someone else's dream, working 9 to 5. Living  a carbon copy of a life they really do not wish, somehow they are stuck in a maze of common complacency. Our fears can often dictate how, who and what we are. Well that is something that I am striving not to be, I want to live outside the box. I want to see the stars and kiss them with reality! I want to live and breathe a life of change and victory. Surprisingly it begins with a simple thought of  "I think I can"
     Make the choice to live outside your box and begin to dream, learn to live a life of victory!

When life hands you lemons, make apple juice! That will get everyone thinking.... by EvK


Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through christ who strengthens me!

No comments:

Post a Comment