Thursday, September 9, 2010

Vitamin B and dementia



In my time as a rehab assistant I saw a lot of patients and one type I dealt a lot with was dementia sufferers. It was awfully sad to deal with such a taxing disease. Well just as of late there might be some strong importance to taking B vitamins. Personally I believe in finding whole foods that are high in vitamin B. Here is a list I hope you will attempt to incorporate into your daily meals.

Turkey
Liver
Liver oil
Tuna
Chili peppers
Lentils
Bananas
Potatoes, and tempeh (soy based).
In addition, molasses and brewer's yeast are good sources of B vitamins.

1 comment:

  1. Here is a link supporting this find. I think this is just one case study but it is looking promising.

    http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Health/20100909/b-vitamins-brain-100909/

    ReplyDelete